Thursday, October 9, 2008

Samhain Tag

What are you doing for Samhain or Halloween? Please respond on your blog, and ask your readers to do the same.

I've been tagged by Cindi Epona’Bri, and asked to tag others. I'll post this on my Tribe and LJ blogs, so that others can respond.


Here is what she said:
"Chasmodai is a fellow Pagan and her faith is close to what my own is. One common element that Islam and Pagans share is taking care of our fellow man, and showing charity to others. I liked that you are trying to share your sabbat celebrations, that is something I would like to do more of. What are you planning for Samhain?"

My reply:

This year, our Samhain activities will span about two weeks. Here is the schedule so far:

October 25, BoneDance, http://vegasvortex.com/details.php?id=14

October 31, We are taking the kids to Disneyland, dressed like pirates, (dh and I will be pirate igcognito)

November 4, The kids and I are making a haunted gingerbread house and preparing for our Feast of Remembrance.

http://www.haunteddimensions.raykeim.com/index506.html

November 6, Feast of Remembrance, (this will be a private family observance)

Normally we attend at least one community Samhain ritual but this year, for the first time in 15 years, we'll be skipping that. I'm having second thoughts - I would love to attend a ritual at my friend's house, but I made a promise to my kids.

No comments: